- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 1 1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 large lime wedge (about 2 limes total)
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil with 3 popcorn kernels in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat. When kernels pop, add remaining 1/2 cup kernels. Cook, covered, shaking pan occasionally, until popping slows, 6 to 7 minutes. Remove pan from heat; let stand, covered, 1 minute.
- Stir together spices, salt, and zest in a small bowl. Toss hot popcorn with remaining tablespoon oil in a large bowl; sprinkle with spice mixture. Squeeze lime wedge over popcorn. Toss to coat.