7 oz Kale
2 T olive oil
2 onions chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
5oz Chorizo sausage
2 large red potatoes, diced
6 cups water
1. Trim 7oz kale, cutting off the hard stems, then mince the leaves and
place in a bowl; set aside.
2. Heat 2Tbsp olive oil in a large pan and saute' 2 chopped onions and 2 minced garlic cloves for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until soft but not browned.
3. Tip in 5 oz diced Chorizo sausage, stir, and cook for a few more minutes.
4. Add 2 diced, scrubbed, large red-skinned potatoes, 6 cups water to
cover, and some salt and pepper. Stir well and bring to a boil.
5. Lower the heat and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes until the potatoes are
just cooked. Tip in the kale and simmer for another 3-5 minutes until
6. Check the seasoning and serve in warm bowls.
**Renee's variation. I substituted 12 oz(one small package) of mild
Italian sausage, browning, and draining on a paper towel before
dumping back into the pan of lightly sauteed onions and garlic. I
didn't measure the kale, I just used one bunch as they sell it. Maybe
next time I try this I'll be brave enough to try Chorizo!